Job Opening - Youth Services Librarian
The Clintonville Public Library seeks a creative, energetic, and innovative Youth Services Librarian committed to high-quality Library services to children and their families. The Library is located in a 14,000 square foot building built in 1991 and serves a community of 4,500 people in northeast Wisconsin. Under administrative supervision, the Youth Services Librarian directs programming for children, young adults, and families and assumes operational responsibilities for the Library in the absence of the Director and Technical Services Librarian. The successful candidate will have a strong commitment to providing quality public services through programs and collection development and the desire to work in a collaborative, team environment.
Examples of duties include:
- Plans, promotes, and executes library services and programs for all ages
- Develops and participates in community outreach activities and presentation to local schools, organizations, and businesses
- Supervises and trains Library Pages
- Plans, promotes, and executes Summer Library Program for children through adults
- Works with the Technical Services Librarian to develop subject areas in the library materials collection, selects materials for purchase, and maintains the collection
The position requires a bachelor’s degree, with a Master’s of Library Science preferred. Management and supervisory responsibility or two years of progressively more responsible library management experience preferred. Past experience may be considered as an alternative to other requirements. This position is non-exempt, full-time, 40 hours per week with a set schedule to be determined based on programming needs. Benefits include health insurance with voluntary dental & vision benefits, life insurance, Wisconsin Retirement System, paid sick & vacation time, personal days, and paid holidays. The salary range for 2023 is $35,284.08-$47,739.95, dependent on qualifications.
Submit a cover letter, resume, application, and contact information of three (3) references to Jamison Hein, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled with interviews to follow in early May 2023. The expected start date would be sometime in June.